Cyber Security Compliance
Do you know your organization's level of cybersecurity risk? If not, your business could be in danger of cyberattacks and scrutiny from examiners.
A cybersecurity risk assessment can help organizations like yours meet Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and other federal guidelines by:
- Identifying and evaluating your existing security controls
- Calculating your risk levels
- Providing recommendations for additional controls to strengthen your cybersecurity framework
Cybersecurity compliance is no longer just an IT issue—it’s a challenge that affects your entire enterprise. CSI’s cybersecurity compliance tools allow you to tighten your network’s security framework, educate your board of directors and remain compliant with the FFIEC's Cybersecurity Assessment Tool (CAT).
CSI’s Cybersecurity Risk Assessment
An important part of mitigating cyber threats is having a trusted compliance partner regularly test the controls you already have in place. CSI’s cybersecurity risk assessment tools evaluate the level of risk associated with your cyber presence.
During your cybersecurity risk assessment, CSI’s risk and compliance experts will:
- Identify and classify applicable systems
- Conduct on-site interviews with staff
- Review policies and procedures as well as previous audits
- Perform control evaluations
- Calculate your inherent and residual risk results
- Assist your organization with completing the FFIEC's CAT
- Provide an easy-to-follow cybersecurity assessment report showing risk scores for your systems
Our experts have decades of experience in compliance, IT security and risk management. And with CISSP, CISM, CISA certifications and many more, we provide you with a comprehensive cybersecurity assessment.
Since the FFIEC released its Cybersecurity Assessment Tool, there has been an increased level of scrutiny on financial institutions and other businesses to ensure appropriate firewall rules are in place. Firewall rules allow or disallow traffic to and from certain devices and/or services within your organization. And now, financial institutions and other businesses are required to audit or verify firewall rules at least quarterly.
CSI’s firewall auditing can help ensure you meet and exceed regulator demands on firewall rules and security. Our team of regulatory compliance experts manually performs a customized firewall security audit, helping you to:
- Ensure that the firewall is hardened
- Review access interfaces and password credential strength
- Verify ruleset efficiency and ingress/egress points
- Improve your firewall access rules and security
Cyber Security Training for Board of Directors
Under the FFIEC Management Booklet of the IT Handbook, your board of directors is now required to remain actively engaged in, and fully govern, IT management and IT governance training. CSI’s cybersecurity training teaches your board of directors new and emerging cyber threats to ensure that they have:
- Access to accurate, timely and relevant industry information
- A foundation to maintain a vigilant cybersecurity compliance program
- Guidance to deal with cybersecurity incidents within the organization
BCP Tabletop Testing
Whether for business continuity planning (BCP) or cybersecurity incident response, CSI Regulatory Compliance offers tabletop testing services to help your organization gauge its level of preparedness for disaster recovery.
Our consultants work with members of your staff to test the recovery plans you’ve created by:
- Developing a test scenario for your unique institution
- Facilitating a tabletop discussion with your staff to role-play the emergency scenario
- Determining the strength of your incident response plan
- Providing a detailed report of our observations and the tabletop test results
- Suggesting recovery plan enhancements and recommendations for identified weaknesses
Incident response and business continuity exercises like these should be tested at least once per year, using varied methods. CSI’s experienced consultants can be part of that regimen. Using tabletop testing, we can help you identify and remediate gaps or shortcomings and make improvements to your BCP or incident response plan.
Learn More About CSI’s Cybersecurity Compliance Services
CSI keeps you up-to-date with the latest cybersecurity risk factors, threats and FFIEC guidelines so you stay secure and compliant.
Find out how we can help you with a comprehensive risk assessment, tabletop testing, firewall security and training for your board of directors. Fill out this online form, and a member of our team will reach out with more information.